Monday, May 28, 2007

Not Samuel

Just so people remember that this blog (in theory) is "Machado Family Pics Etc" and not Samuel pics only, I've decided to post some pics of the yard.

Revel in joy.



First, the front of the house. I removed the carpeting from the porch (yes, carpeting - don't ask), as well as the thin metal guardrail around the porch. I think it looks better already. No word yet on any sort of replacement options.


In front of the porch, I finally was able this weekend to get enough plants (both from Roark's and my moms yard) to fill in the whole bed. Our favorite part is the dappled willow in on the left hand side. Seven bucks! Insane.


In the back yard, the garden contains within its chicken wire fencing a cucumber, Roma tomato, green pepper, zucchini, peas, green beans, wild strawberries, and some lettuce. In a 3'x15' area. Hey its my first vegetable garden in 10 years, so I'll figure out next year how much is really supposed to fit in that area.


A longer view of the vegetable garden shows our Eastern Red Bud tree, given to us by our friends in St. Louis when we moved last year. It's doing quite well. In the background is our neighbor's house. Their cat poops in my flower beds.

Ok back to all Samuel, all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, my first comment... and it's about your gardens!!! If you want any hostas, we really need to split ours. Also, noticed that you were reading up on herbs, and our oregano really needs to be controlled as well. Just offering up the goods - apparently too late! ah well.

Post a Comment