Friday, March 09, 2007

The End of an Era

What is this unassuming and seemingly unimportant picture? It is the view out of my kitchen window. What is important is not what is in the picture but what is NOT in the picture - THE ASTRO VAN HAS FINALLY DEPARTED MY PROPERTY! After many bumps in the road to dumping the van (i.e., the next title owner not having a license, Samuel arriving, the van not starting after five months in the driveway freezing up, the next title owner forgetting his proof of insurance when we went to transfer the title, etc., etc.) it is finally gone. I can't tell you how happy I am that I do not have to back around the van when coming out of the garage. Good riddance.

It is slightly bittersweet, however, because Big Blue (a.k.a. the Resurrection - earlier red Astro van was the Jesus Mobile as named by high school friends), was a part of the Bira-then-Machado family since 1992. Goodbye and thanks for 15 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friends named it the Hoopty...I'm not really sure why. Bye bye Hoopty!

-B

Post a Comment